Originally Posted By: jlccoffee
Originally Posted By: bigt
I really do not understand all this restricting peoples hunting rights. Every species of game animal has some kind of bag limit whats the big deal.I limited out two years ago with a week of deer season left(which could happen any year since I hunt on multiple leases) but did I stop hunting heck no! I just took other people with me. Hunted with my adult daughter, a friend that had never killed a buck and a friend's son so he could hunt by himself. I just do not see the problem......

If the bag limit is needed, that's one thing. If it's not, why have it?

I have said before that I think we should do away with squirrel season. Does anyone really think that we need a squirrel season to protect the squirrel population? If we had no squirrel season I bet we would still have squirrels. People just don't hunt them like they once did.

If at some time in the future we determined that we were overharvesting squirrels, at that point we would need to tighten the regulations.

It's the same principle and the same idea of the role of government.

I can agree with you on this. I just do not see anybody talking about how it illegal to set squirrels limits or any other limits for that matter when there is obiviously not a population problem. Does anybody not care about the legality of all the limits?

Last edited by bigt; 08/07/12 05:13 PM.

Life is too short to be small !!

http://crshuntingclub.webs.com/