Originally Posted By: bigt
I really do not understand all this restricting peoples hunting rights. Every species of game animal has some kind of bag limit whats the big deal.I limited out two years ago with a week of deer season left(which could happen any year since I hunt on multiple leases) but did I stop hunting heck no! I just took other people with me. Hunted with my adult daughter, a friend that had never killed a buck and a friend's son so he could hunt by himself. I just do not see the problem......

You must be new around here. We've covered this over and over.

Were you limited in your deer season for lawful reasons?

Rules of the DCNR are only authorized when they are reasonable and necessary for the administration of our game and fish laws. Our game and fish laws do not authorize the setting of seasons and bag limits for wildlife management purposes on privateley owned and leased lands.

I'll be glad to go thru it once more with you if you're genuinely interested in learning why I am concerned about unauthorized restrictions on our hunting rights.

Here's what a federal judge said about one of the DCNR's rules that was being considered in court:
Quote:
Honorable Frank M. Johnson, Jr., Chief Judge, in his Findings and Conclusions, said:

"I would suspect that arbitrariness and capriciousness, and political motivation, as opposed to sound conservation practices based upon reasonableness, is also inherently involved; and I so consider it in analyzing and evaluating the evidence in the case."

I can't think of a better description of the current buck limit/antler restrictions.