Originally Posted by Mbrock
[We agree!!!!

You know what’s really ironic with this starting out as a buck to doe ratio discussion………and I’m not saying that this is the realistic solution but just what’s theoretically possible……. The way things exist now, the way for us to see the most defined rut across the most acres would be through pushing each bubble to max doe capacity……….That would reduce the size of the variance zones to their smallest amount of space……For example, that last variance zone I pointed at one either side of I-59 would become more and more narrow running parallel to the interstate the more maxed each population became......taking habitat breaks into consideration. If you want to recommend for someone to shoot does then you would have the folks in the variance zones do it and let the population expand from the more conformed center. Again, though that’s just pointing out some theoretical stuff that’s technically possible on paper but likely not so much in the real world.

What IS likely very possible though and what would likely achieve a better balance for all is if you just worked with the major players in each bubble and get them to stop with any heavy doe harvests……Let them be the producers for the bubble and the smaller guys be the moderators. That’s really not that hard to do. I know of about 5 properties in Macon Co that would support the whole system for that area if they all stopped trying to achieve any annual “doe quotas”……There will always be folks out there who will keep shooting them. That would basically be creating the exact same scenario described in the first paragraph…..Bubbles with growth in the center, moderated on the edges.... That would create pretty good happy medium I believe where management is looked at on a larger scale than just individual properties …….Those are just ideas though.

Last edited by CNC; 12/15/22 03:39 PM.

We dont rent pigs