Originally Posted by Pwyse
Originally Posted by Goatkiller
As far as claiming that Alabama has peaked in "capacity" with respect to deer numbers...... that's funny. There are areas around the State with very LOW numbers. For example... most public land. Our public land hunting is near horrible but it appears to me the States has said screw you guys who don't have a big 1,000+ acre lease. Rules for Me NOT for Thee. The entire State's management plan is not really a management plan at all IMO it is what big landowner's want. I'll get to the reason why in a minute.

I will tell you where Deer numbers have peaked... my neighborhood. They are eating the flowers by the neighbor's front porch. Appears we've got some pretty nice bucks in that mix too I have seen at least one 140 inch deer close to my house in Birmingham.

Amazing what happens when there is low hunting pressure or maybe none at all. Looks like Alabama has the potential for a LOT better racks IMO. That's my observation. But on the flip side...drive 20 miles in any direction and you might hunt all season and never lay eyes on a 120 inch deer.

Who doesn't want higher deer numbers and bigger antlers. Anyone? Tell me again how if you shoot up all the deer you'll have more deer and bigger antlers? 20+ years later still trying to sell that BS huh? Show me how well it has worked somewhere then. And then show me Statewide... It's a disaster.

What we are not discussing here is VERY simple.... we've got hunters all across the State. Nearly every available stich of property is hunted. We've got large groups coming in here from out-of-state. LA and FL are big draws.... They are spending money at every gas station, feed store and Mom and Pop watering hole in Rural Alabama for 3 months out of the year... which is all about the economy. $14 Billion per year according to the Outdoor Industry Association.

And there is your answer..... Blasting does = $14 Billion for the State of Alabama.

IMO what we have done is take the absolute most lazy approach possible to managing our deer herd... and decided like most things in AL State Government , that this approach nets the most $$$'s in Revenue for the State with the least amount of work or effort.

And there you have it.

It's simple to justify you get study done by some academic personality like Dr. Deer and you sell it too the majority. "The Science" (say it like Dr. Fauci).... all just BS and all the deer blasting is 100% nothing but politics.

So biologists in other states that believe a 1:1 ratio is better than 2:1 or 4:1 or whatever. Why do they say the same thing? Is it also to generate tax money for the state they are in? Or is it a different reason?

Why did nearly all the docs get on board with the COVID vax?