Originally Posted by Lockjaw
I think the problem is development traps deer, and those that are pushed out of limited carrying capacity area's are the road hazard deer you see. It is sort of like the ecological version of playing chicken, or walking the plank. I don't see dead deer on the side of the road at my hunting club. I know they cross the road though. It could be a lack of traffic on the roads. Or it could be there aren't very many crossing the road. I know they are being squeezed out of area's though, because they are developing more of the area adjacent to my lease. Which probably means it won't be our lease for to long.

All roads are not equal…….We’re mainly talking about highways and interstates ……When a doe group of lets say 5 does starts using both sides of the road…..after a couple weeks one will usually get clipped off out of the group…..a few more weeks and another one will……until it whittles things down to the ones who just use one side or the other……The usually happens in late winter……Doe groups that use both sides have a much shorter life span……Just look at the state’s map they produced…..Its already showing you your multiverse bubbles…..like I said though, their true shape in not actually round……This map is just partially complete.....Keep in mind that things like lakes and major habitat breaks also define the perimeter of each bubble

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 12/11/22 09:47 PM.

We dont rent pigs