I say this as I'm sitting in a ladder with my son in the woods, looking at a very small food plot I've never seen a deer in. This is thinned about 4 years ago pines, and there are deer here, but there are no 100 yard shots to shoot, assuming we can even see the deer. It's thick.

I hunt in the woods alot. I'm not a shooting house hunter, although my back issues have slowed me down as far às going way off the beaten path. We can't do corn anymore, but I wasn't so keen on that anyway.

I have about 1 percent, maybe 2 of my lease planted. We limed after we soil tested. We don't kill 10 deer a year off 1000 acres. And the solution a biologist gives me is shoot 15 doe's the first year? Really?

I'm not knocking you, but we can't burn. We can't have 10 percent planted. We don't have a poweline, which is good, because it keeps trespassing down, but it's bad because that's a big open space I could plant. So we can't do the things that would really help grow a deer herd, but it's like the solutions I have been given are for places that are.

How many people want to pay $ and hunt for 3 or 4 years and never see or shoot a deer? That's what the doe a day limit has created.