Originally Posted by abolt300
^^^ that I can definitely agree with. And CNC does raise some interesting ideas and provokes good conversation. “Managing” a 20, 40, or even 100 acre piece of ground is totally different than managing 1000, 2000 or 3000 acres of land, or a co-op. How you manage, what you can do, and what you can accomplish on a small property does not necessarily translate to larger properties. Like I said, managing deer is very property specific, not one size fits all.

Tracking deer has given me a whole different perspective on the “scale” of the landscape here in Alabama and what we perceive as being a big piece of land. Seeing this property and then the one next to it and then the one next to that and so on just eliminates those boundaries in your mind that we form when we hunt one parcel……It’s much easier to see the landscape as a whole and in the scale that the deer sees it….. We think of 1500 or 2000 acres as “big” and stand alone when it comes to management but that’s so far from the reality. We tracked a deer the other day that jumped and went all the way through the neighbors 650 acre parcel in the blink of an eye. In most cases your overall hunting experience is still defined by the bigger subset area you exist within.

Referring back to what you can and cant decipher about a property just from tracking deer on it. This is what trails look like on properties where there are a lot of deer. They’re everywhere and its not hard to see in comparison to those that don’t.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 12/09/22 10:31 AM.

We dont rent pigs