I think CNC is correct about one thing in particular. In every club I have been in, there has been this mentality that when rifle season starts, bust every doe that walks on a green field. I was in one in Bibb Co. The rut there starts in December, and every doe that would walk out on a field has been killed before the rut starts. Think you will see a buck? Not likely. I was in that club 2 years, and we killed 1 doe after Janaury 1. You just didn't see anything.

Move to a LARGE club in Shelby County. Same scenario, except the rut kicks in later into December and January. They decide after 4 or 5 years to stop allowing doe kills off a greenfield after December 31. Guess what you hear in camp? "The minute it steps off the greenfield, I am shooting it".

I "suggested" last year that we leave doe's alone on a green field and people saw a lot of deer. This year we said you can't shoot one off a green field, unless its a kids first deer.

I feel certain that back in the 80's, when we had doe season, I saw way more deer.