I would at least do one good trapping run per year to keep the same packs of yotes from living on your property year after year……I think the longer individual yotes and their offspring work the same area the more efficient they become at utilizing the areas “resources”…….Other yotes will eventually fill back in but it’ll be new ones that are not likely to be as impactful……I’d want to constantly have new dogs filling back in versus the same packs making a career out of your place. I think theres likely cases where they become much more viscous killers when this happens…….One thing I pretty certain they learn to do is to check food plots and roadways in the fall looking for dead and injured deer…..The more of it they are exposed to, the more they adapt their behavior to targeting the local deer as a key food source. This is when they start checking healthy ones looking for the weak which causes “pressure”. If a buck gets injured or run down during the rut now, he has a constant predator roaming around waiting to take advantage of it. Two or three yotes can take down a grown deer with a busted up leg

As far as the weights……there’s a lot more questions I’d have about the “data” that was obtained before making any kind of judgement about a 5-10% difference……..How many deer are we talking about sampling each season???.......Are we counting does and bucks together or are we just talking about doe weights??.......If its just doe weights have y’all clipped off the older does in the herd and lowered the average age of the does being sampled??.......Etc….etc….etc…….My point being that there are a lot of variables at play here deciding whether or not you’re looking at good data. ……So I don’t know how much stock I’d put in a 5-10% variation……and without other reasons to do so, I don’t think I would use that alone as a reason to make changes

Last edited by CNC; 12/06/22 05:03 PM.

We dont rent pigs