Originally Posted by ValleyDawg
Originally Posted by FreeStateHunter
Man, you’ve been missing out. Neck roasts are probably my favorite part outside the tenderloins. I’ve smoked them with pretty good success, you just have to remember there’s not a lot of fat so you’ll need to baste more often and when it hits the stall at 160 degrees chop up 2 sticks of butter and wrap it with foil tightly and let it finish. Shredded deer sandwiches

This. The neck roast is one of my favorites as well. I usually will do shredded or pulled style bbq sliders. I will brown the meat on all sides in cast iron or Dutch oven with butter, garlic, onion, and sometimes rosemary. Then make a stock or use some stock I already had made before and put it all in a crock pot. Season it up real good and throw in some onion halves and more garlic. Let it go lo and slow for a while. Then toast up some slider buns and top with your favorite bbq sauce.

A really close Mexican friend of mine makes some killer tacos with the neck too. They are “birria” style. So you have a “consomé” or basically au jus that you dip the tacos in as you eat them. Killer recipe.

Thanks for the recipe, I was wondering what type of seasons I would start with and you gave me all I need, I have all the seasons you listed in the kitchen.......