Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Seriously. You can make a 2 pager explaining how or why you think I am wrong.... but 100% of the time I can statistically prove the more deer you shoot the less deer you will have.

Period. 100% of the time. That cannot be argued and has nothing to do with "The Science"..... (say that like Dr. Fauci in your head when you read it)

Not completely true…. For example, in my scenario where we don’t shoot any does, road mortality eventually curtails the expanding doe populations…….You could actually have hunters kill the excess and prevent “expansion” from taking place……which would in turn simply shift the road mortality to hunter mortality…..the number of deer left would ultimately be the same……This is compensatory mortality. The problem we have in many areas is that we have shot WAY more than just what would have been killed on the road…..We have gone from simply limiting expansion to creating deflation if you want to call it that. Many areas could hold a lot more does than they currently have.

Last edited by CNC; 12/05/22 10:39 AM.

We dont rent pigs