When I was a youngster, I was dropped off in a creek bottom before the dogs were turned loose. I found the best funnel I could and leaned up against a tree. I heard the dogs coming and here comes a little buck. He got to the edge of the creek, ran up the creek about 50 yards and down the creek another 40 or so, then jumped the creek and layed down in a clump of gall berries. It took the dogs a while to figure out where the deer was and I don't think they would have if the scent of the deer wasn't blowing in their direction.

A few years ago I shot a buck. Tracked him for 100 yards and shot him again. Come to find out later the gun was way off. Still don't know how that happened within a few short days, but I eventually lost the blood in a pine plantation. Where I was at, the easiest way to get back to the truck was through a different food plot and down this road. The deer was headed in the direction of that road anyway so I figured I'd look for blood as I walked down it. As I'm walking, I meet up with a friend and he said something about where he thought that deer was. As he said that I turned around and looked down a pine row. The deer was laying flat on his belly. Head down, waiting on us to walk by. He was only 20 yards. 3rd shot put him down for good. We call that the swiss cheese deer. With that third shot, the bolt handle fell out of the gun.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+Z

thesharkguard.com