Been afterem about all day today.
First came in bout 730 this morning for one shot last night it was a confirmed leg shot at about 400 yards with a 30-378. We confirmed the leg hit as tracked to the leg a lil ways past where he shot it. We pushed on a good ways and never did find anything I'm guessing he laid and coyotes bumped him.
Next up was a back whack on a doe that got into a property where we couldn't get permission to get on pretty sure she is still alive 308 150gr bullet
Next a young man's first deer. Shot with a 243 at about 175 yards. Found first blood about 50 yards in and stayed on it for about 150. Then nothing for the rest of the trip. I'm thinking it's a non lethal hit. But crawled through thickets and waded a couple creeks trying to get it. I fairly sure they jumped it looking for him. Put a ton of effort in trying to get it but we can't get what ain't there to get.
Seems like I get on a run bout this time every year where it's all leg and brisket and back whacks. Need us a good ole gut shot to get after.