Originally Posted by 7x57_Mauser
Not trying to be a dick, but did he take the rifle to the range before the season with that batch of primers? ..........

He shot the rifle on Wednesday and the first shot was a hangfire. We both reasoned the breech plug was clogged and it didn't get a good spark to the BH 209. Followed this with several more shots and no issues. I came in after work and shot the gun myself to make sure it was sighted in. No issues at all. I cleaned the gun on Wednesday night inside and out and had it ready to go for him on Thursday morning. The gun was ready.

We keep all the primers, breech plug, manual, etc in a plastic bag. There are 3 packs of primers in the bag and all have been used out of. We both are guessing that one of the packs is bad and the one I shot was good. He had to travel over 30 miles to find primers in some sporting goods store. He got back and ran 3 more primers through it and it never went off with the Winchester primers. He put a new primer on and it fired like it was supposed to. He shot several more of the new primers through it to make sure there were no issues and went back to his stand.

He passed on 2 eight points that I would have shot yesterday evening. The cellular camera showed that the deer he didn't get to shoot walked by his camera at the other stand he was not in at 5:00. I am ready for another update tomorrow from him. Things happen.

I can't stand a thief.