Whew Saturday was a day.
Track no 2 was a deer I shot on Friday evening. Which I felt like was dead. I looked a lil Friday nite decided to back out go back Saturday morning which I did turned my puppy out on it and she trailed around a lil bit found a lil blood but very spotty. Decided to call it off. Low and behold Saturday night the deer showed back up on camera.

Track 3 was for a crossbow shot with a rage. Hunters had tracked almost 300 yards and lost blood. We started out at that point and took it another 350 yards into the most gosh awful briar patch I have ever seen. After some machete work and blood loss we finally drug her out. It was a good shot but the arrow lodged in the off side shoulder.

Track 4 was a doe for a young man on his first bow kill. Fixed blade head comete pass thru they tracked for about 200 yards and lost blood. Got in there and looked around and trailer around dogs weren't real interested in doing much I'm fairly sure it's a back whack.

Track 6 was for a doe. 35 yards expandable broadhead hunter said when he shot the deer flopped around and got up and took off. Arrow had very lil sign on it. Very lil blood in the field. Hunter said he heard the deer go down in the second gosh awful briar patch I have ever been in. Dog tracked to the briar patch this time I took the dog around it and found 2 drops of blood where the deer came. Not sure if the blood was from the arrow or the briars. His ended up no recovery i am certain he hit the shoulder or high shoulder and nerves the deer and it is alive and well.

Track 7 was a doe for a hunter that just basically called the shot as to what happened and wanted verification that deer wasn't dead. He said the deer dropped a lil on the shot and and said he hit high. Tracked for 200 yds lost blood and called me asked my opinion I told him what I thought but of he wanted us in there I was willing to try it. Deer is still alive and this ended up being a back whack as well.

We rolled out about 730 Saturday morning I got home 2 Sunday with a box full of tired dogs. It was hot and dry as it is it's making tracking tough right now. Hoping we get a lil rain and it cool off just a tad. Resting and charging light and collars and getting ready to get afterem again. Oh and add to to it my dang truck charger for my light burnt up luckily I didn't have to walk out without a light it's the second one that done this I'm gone be on the phone tommorrow with the company and hope they get this straightened out or I'll be headed to get another light

Last edited by Ar1220; 10/23/22 02:27 PM.