Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Spray foam sounds like a mess in the making and unnecessary IMO. Getting it rigid should not be an issue if built from lumber and done correctly. I frame my walls like a house and thus mine are build like a tank and very comfortable inside and appear to last more than 20 years in their final resting places. In fact I can re-do mine they are not rotten. Possibly get another 10 years from them with new plywood.

Do it right and they are a long-term investment. Cobble it together with scraps and you'll be working on repairs or replacement in short order. That's my experience. I have even used real siding on them. The main thing you don't want is anywhere bugs or critters can get behind a wall or joint that's something to mention and watch out for.

Otherwise there are plenty of videos on YouTube that show how to correctly frame and build a project like this. Not cheap but neither is replacing them. And they are still much cheaper to build than purchasing something like a Muddy or Redneck Blind.

Sportsman Condo - I like and cost effective but exactly like being in a big garbage can. Love it or hate it that's the only comparable option that's realistic in terms of longevity.

Well here is the main issue(s). This house was pulled off the field that was sold. I had to drag it up a road with my tractor to get it on our property. Then the leaseholder arranged with the skid steer guy to put it on the field its on. So its heavy. And its walls are constructed with pallets best I can tell, and then fence slats are used to cover the gaps. So all last season it sat right on top of a field and it stuck out like a sore thumb, because we had to use the skid steer to make a spot for it. And the inside has carpet everywhere, I presume to help with the gaps between the wood slats and the pallets.

This year, with all the new plant growth, its far less noticable. So I don't want to go in there and yank it out, or knock down all the new growth. I basically want to go in, rip out the carpet, and use the froth pack to seal up all the gaps. Then next year I can redo it. I just don't want to be banging around down there now, when I have deer using the green field every day. I have a cow trail coming to it.

Next year I can pull the outside off and redo it. Its in a fantastic spot. A nice clover field in a creek bottom, surrounded by planted pines. I limed it, but the soil test says all I need to add for cereals is nitrogen. I need to add nothing for legumes.