It's strange how people have such varying success with tires. I ran Michelins LTX M/S on my trucks for the first 15 years or so out of college and they were good but never got more than 65-70 K miles. Totally useless in the mud but great on the highway, which was the majority of my driving.

Had a set of BF Goodrich as OE on a Tahoe I bought in 98 and they were the worst tires I've ever had. Couldn't be balanced and would start shaking the truck terribly at 70 mph. Took them off and swapped for Michelins at 20 K miles. Will never buy a set of BF Goodrich.

Ran Bridgestone tires a few sets and they were about the same as the Michelins for mileage but a little better off pavement.

Had a set of Hancook tires that were just average.

The OE Good Year tires I've had on my previous two trucks have been almost as bad as the BF Goodrich tires.

Nittos have been my OE replacement tires on my last two trucks and have been the best tires I've ever used. Good on the highway and good enough for what little off road driving I do. I don't take my daily driver into heavy mud unless absolutely necessary. I have a Polaris Ranger for that.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe