Originally Posted by youngbuck21
Originally Posted by Goatkiller
1082 yards
7mm STW

Holy smokes if this is true I've gotta hear more about it! Gun setup? Rest? Setting? Was it hold high send a prayer and send it or do you have long range experience

Consider I could shoot 1,000 yards with a .30-06 and fixed 10x scope all day long....when I was a kid.... And you can too. Some of it is tricky but I could have you shooting at paper that far fairly quickly.

I killed that deer near Hollandale MS in the MS Delta right off the river.. Laid down on my shooting mat got out a Jarrett rifle wearing a Unertl scope and went to work. He just happened to come out of a woodlot that was not the one I was setup on. The STW was a wildcat at that time nobody had ever heard of it in the mainstream. Luckily I had made an old school range card and put that woodline on it.

All that being said I do not believe it is ethical to be making shots that far. A lot can and will go wrong and you'll wound the deer. I also don't have trouble getting closer because I can actually hunt deer. I decided to take the shot due to the surrounding circumstances... last weekend of the season. 10pt. All I got is a Polaroid somewhere in a closet maybe.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.