I am in Columbiana. There is a co-op there, but their prices aren't usually as good as universal. And they never have a price list available. I don't know what their malfunction is. I usually save enough on the seed and fertilizer its worth the hassle to run pick it up and drive it out there, whereas the Co-op is litereally a mile and a half by road.

I am going to soil test next spring and see where I am at. It's been two years since I last did any soil testing. That will give me a good year of having clover on most of the plots. Then I can see if the nitrogen needs have dropped. I plan to plant heavy in cereals this fall, so I get good coverage for when I mow next spring. I need the mulch to help feed the clover and keep the soil covered. THis year has been rough with the lack of rain. I have plots I haven't cut the first time. Or sprayed. I have a few places I plan to target hard for a good clover stand for next year. Based upon what I have been seeing, the deer like it, and the feed there nearly every day. Not much in the woods has the protein content of limed and fertilized clover.

I am really hoping I can get to a crop rotation that reduces greatly my fertilizer costs. Lime isn't that bad, I just need to invest in a good drop spreader.