Originally Posted By: eskimo270
Originally Posted By: 2Dogs

There will be changes made by DCNR next couple of years that's gonna send him over the edge.

This may be why he has been railing so much against QDM, because there are some on public record who want to push greater buck restrictions.

eskimo,

I want you to know that I don't just complain here and not work to prevent these incroachments on our freedoms in other ways. I use the AAPA when it's applicable, and I plead my case to my elected representatives when the AAPA is not applicable. If it takes it, I'll use our courts.

You've seen proposed legislation on some of the matters we have discussed here. If the DCNR don't listen, then we have our Legislature that is vested with full constitutional authority to address the issues. You've seen the property line restriction that the commissioner wanted to implement dropped. I communicated with him personally about that. You've seen some of the DCNR's gun control rules dropped that we've discussed here.

I don't address the Advisory Board in their meetings because there is no obligation for them to take any action whatsoever on what you say there. They aren't required to even give you two minutes to address the board, and they can completely igonore your comments there if they choose.

There is a portion of the new Hunters Digest explaining that addressing the CAB is the proper way to have a voice in conservation issues. That's what they want you to believe. They don't want you to have the protections of the administrative review process that all other agencies are required to submit their rules to before they are implemented. It is very important for hunters and fishermen to understand the AAPA and why they have been excluded from it.

I think they realize that their wishes to implement a tagging system to enforce their qdm rules may very well open the whole issue up to AAPA review. You know how some on the CAB have pushed for that. We'll see.

The more people get involved, the more you'll see these abuses of authority end. Little groups of handpicked men who want to rule the state tend to act differently when they know someone who knows their limits is watching.

Here's a rule the CAB cooked up. If it don't concern the qdm'ers, then I don't know if they can be helped:

Quote:
6. It shall be a violation of the conditions of this permit for any person hunting under this
permit to:
1) possess a loaded rifle or shotgun on a public road, right-of-way thereof, or in a
vehicle thereon during daylight hours during the gun deer season. A public road
shall be defined as a road or way maintained by a governmental entity for use by
the general public. Guns must be empty of all ammunition in the barrel, magazine
or clip attached and all ammunition be stored in an enclosed compartment,
container, box or garment not on the person.

That's the kind of men who are making decisions about our hunting rights.