Thanks guys, I've used gly on browntop to make it dry quicker, and I've seen places that have been burned afterwards. It has seemed to me that gly and then burning makes an ideal dove field, but the problem is that it doesn't last. The first time it rains, the seeds sprout and that's the end of it. If you are planning for one big shoot, that's probably the way to do it, but I'd rather keep feed available for most of the season, and into the second season if possible. You can't plant wheat in the second season, so any crop that will last until then would be ideal.

I would think that the bush hog would scatter it if it's dry enough, I'm wondering if much of the seed will naturally fall to the ground if I do nothing. Anyone tried this? Will those pods stay in the plant, or will they start dropping off once it has finished growing? Do other things like turkeys knock the plants over to get at the seed?

I don't think I have ever seen a sesame plant growing before, so I am just experimenting here. Be interesting to see if the turkeys will eat it; I'm pretty sure none of them have ever seen one either. smile

Last edited by poorcountrypreacher; 07/23/22 02:08 PM.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.