Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by ghost rabbit
I was wondering what a fair price to offer 1300 acres of turkey only rights would be in central Morgan county with below average but increasing Turkey population would be. How many memberships would you look to sell or maybe a total price to try and get for that size property. Its something we are considering for our lease as we don't turkey hunt much and its a way to keep members down without raising prices.

One way to do it is to just take on another member or 2 and call it a turkey only membership. You can charge them the same dues as everyone else, or make it cheaper if that's too much. That way the turkey guy is just a member of the club and is covered by your insurance and under the same rules as everyone else.

Most of the timber companies have clauses against sub-leasing, but I've never heard of one objecting to different levels of membership. I don't see any need to change locks and such; the turkey only members are told to simply stay away during deer season and the deer hunters do the same in turkey season.

This might not work in every situation, but I've been part of several clubs who have used it and never experienced a problem with it.

I agree on the sublease, it wouldn't be that. It would just be 2 turkey memberships with similar prices as the deer. No we wouldn't change the locks as we actually only have one gate thats locked anyways because we cross another property to get to it there. We won't have someone that we can't trust as its not worth that.