I would not choose to hunt alone but if it meant the difference between going or staying home I would go. Whether you stay in a camp ground or a cheap hotel there will always be other hunters around and while they will not share their spot they are generally helpful. Also keep in mind if you go in the first or second week of Nov if you needed help there will probably be 25 Aldeer members within 30 minutes of you. Most smaller hotels close to out of state public hunting have a hunters rate and it is generally around $50 bucks a night. As far as going, I would recommend you start with State Parks or other Federal land. National Forests can be sooo big its overwhelming. I’m not a huge fan of some National forests because outlaws use 4 wheelers. You wont see that in State Parks. Lastly, use online maps to find funnels and follow the path of water, deer follow the same. Add to that trails to food sources and lastly look for thickets. Put all 3 together in a spot far from a road and your odds are good. This advice could apply to Missouri, Illinois or Kentucky. Can’t be more specific

Last edited by Ant67; 07/07/22 11:04 AM.