The other day wasn't a fluke. This has done more to improve my shooting than anything else I've done. I probably won't deer hunt with a trad bow next season, but that is the ultimate goal.

I was always using my arrow tip as a reference point while "instinctive shooting", but now I focus on it and use it to help guide my shot. I'm not using a well defined gap, so there is still some instinctiveness involved. I'm coming to the conclusion that I need to put in the time and find what works for my eyes and my brain. I'll spend the next few months playing with different methods and see what works best.

I plan on setting up some 3D targets on my land, but I just bought the property and probably won't get around to it this year. Does anyone how well 3D targets work as decoys during the rut? I'm hoping those things serve two roles.

Another thing that needs work is my release. The only thing that has worked for me so far is to not think about it. Do the fancy gloves offer much benefit? I've just been using a mechanix glove, since that is the glove I prefer to wear while deer hunting.

Last edited by redgineer; 07/01/22 05:14 PM.