About the flooding - one of the best turkey properties I ever had in my life was in Marengo county in the 90s bordering a large creek - first year I was in it - I worked birds first 18 hunts I went on - could hav been tagged out in first 10 days but I called in few for friend they could not see bird but I could but let them walk off. Later I developed a no walk off policy. Called in like 30 birds first 3 weeks. Very next year - called in like 30 first 2 weeks of season - we shot something like 4 birds first 6 hunts. That next fall I was seeing flocks of 40 - more than I ever had in Feb. Place flooded real bad on Feb of that year. Only a few old named birds stayed around that spring- worked my butt off to kill 1 bird - many years straight the turkey hunting there sucked - after I left I heard they still struggle for years - flood changed where they stayed
Here is story within a story - I was teaching a guy on that place - it was a paradise pre flood and we were only ones hunting. I said whatever u do - never tell somebody bout our success - after first year - multiple people wanting to hunt and some were mad we were out there so much. We still had good year. Only way those club members new was by my buddy running his mouth. Found out my buddy bragged - he said - never dreamed it work out like this. I said - why u think I went into so much detail to keep mouth shut. The hunting never fell off until major flood and we were getting huge flocks week before flood. Place was under water for weeks - was tremendous place for few years

Here is another story w in a story - I learned this the hard way - if u killing birds all time and hav major success - realize it all about having turkeys and it starts w that. I hav since tagged out on very tuff public land and had great success all across the country - but I learned at that one really great spot - it is all about having turkeys! U can b best turkey hunter in world - if u got bad spots - gone hav bad season. I will be both humble and greatful and silent if I ever get another good turkey spot

Hunt the wind - leave it better than you found it - love your neighbor as you love your self
We need prayer for our country now more than ever