I think confidence plays a huge role in shooting. If you are confident in your gun, and especially if its sub moa, then that is one less factor to consider if you suspect you missed a deer. I flat won't hunt with a gun that I can't get to group well off a bench. I am not talking about plopping it down into a lead sled either. I just use 1 bag to rest the forend of my gun on. My main hunting guns all shoot well that way, and its one less thing I have to worry about when I venture out into the woods with them.

I can tell you what my rifles like too. My Marlin 30-30 shoots any ammo with the Barnes 150 grain bullet very well. My 7-08 likes a nosler 120 gr BT over H414. My 308 AAC-SD shoots well with ELD-X, although I am not a fan of its on deer performance. My kids Savage 243 shoots Hornady AW sub moa. My Remington 700 BDL in 270 shoots Federal Premium 130 BT's sub MOA all day long. I need to find a load my 308 carbine likes, and I am limited on my 450BM as far as ammo goes.

Marlin shoots under an inch at 50 yards. All the rest shoot under at 100. I want to be able to take one of my guns out in the woods and know for certain if I do my job, the gun does it's job.