Originally Posted by Beer Belly
Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
Taking the side of a Russian dictator over that of the USofA puts you in a specific category. You’ve got good company with the Jane Honda’s of the world, enjoy.

Serious question: You see this as a war between Russia and the US? Is that how other people on here see this conflict?

I'll tell you how I see it. It's a war started by an ex KGB piece of chit (Putin) who would love nothing better than to re-establish the former Soviet Union. An empire which collapsed while he held a prominent position in the KGB. A fact that he has been butt hurt about ever since. As a nice ancillary benefit of taking over Ukraine he not only eliminates them as a rival in the natural gas and oil market but adds all their vast reserves of those resources to Russia's talley. Also taking Ukraine puts a lot of major Black Sea ports in Russia's hands as well.

Now of course he's not going to admit to naked greed and the desire to restore the old empire so he needs a cover story. So he blows the dust off the old "Some Russian speaking people were being mistreated in this country" line. In this case he claims by nazis which is ironic because the nazis and Hitler are the people who originally came up with this specific bullchit cover story. Go back and read up on why Hitler claimed he had to invade Czechoslovakia. See if you spot some similarities. Here let me help you. As a pretext for his invasion, Hitler made claims that the Czechoslovakian German speaking people, living predominantly in a narrow ribbon of territory along the Czech-German border known as the Sudetenland, were facing increasing harassment and atrocities from the Czech majority. Sound familiar? Of course they weren't really being mistreated and Hitler didn't really give two chits about the way anyone in Czechoslovakia was being treated anyway. Likewise Putin doesn't give two chits how anyone in Ukraine is being treated either. It's just propaganda he can feed to the average folk in Russia who are completely dependent on Russian state television for their news of the world. Apparently a lot of Americans have been watching Russian propaganda too.

Now does all that mean that Ukraine is a squeaky clean bastion of wholesomeness and good? Of course not. No country is. But they are their own sovereign nation and they did not launch an invasion into Russia. Russia and more specifically Putin attacked them. Like anybody I can be wrong about anything. But I error on the side of a countries right to defend itself against invasion barring undeniable actions by that country that warranted it. Especially when I am well familiar with the invader and know him for the rancid piece of lying dog chit he is. I wouldn't trust Putin if he told me the sun would rise tomorrow. You are talking about a man who is only in power because every rival he has ever had wound up either sipping poison tea; accidentally falling out a upper level window; or rotting away in a Russian gulag. You can carry the piss bucket for that rat f$%k bastage if you want to but I d@mn sure won't.

So yeah, I'll pull for Ukraine in this conflict and consider every Russian tank destroyed and every Russian soldier killed as a positive.

Last edited by Todd1700; 05/05/22 02:34 AM.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren