Originally Posted by booner
Originally Posted by BradB
I would never do a typical lease because nobody I don't absolutely completely trust will ever have free reign to come and go on my place as they please for any sum of money. I am a true believer that pressure is the most important factor in seeing deer regularly,

This... It is sad but true. A very good friend of mine wanted to go on a hunt with me last year and I finally caved after I took my top hitlist buck. On the way up he kept making comments about which bucks he was going to shoot, where he was going to go etc. After a short conversation, I stopped the truck and turned us around to go back to the camp. Too much invested in a place to get it "right" to let someone come in with nothing involved to reap the benefits. Spent the rest of the evening having a beer and cooking out instead of hunting.

My father is the only person that I let come hunt. He comes a couple times and he most likely will shoot something that I would not have, but he toted my butt around for all those years so I won't ever say a word about it and be just as happy for him.

lol damn....so you told the guy you'd take him, got him halfway there, then said nevermind and turned around and took him home? y'all still friends?

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft