Originally Posted by Irishguy
Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
Pretty good assessment there Irish. But I would like to point out that a 4 man fire team may be successful in a defensive position against Russia garbage army. It wouldn't last very long against a real army. Like Ali said, you can't hit what you can't see. Our tech and tactics are second to none, that's one of the advantages of being in combat for the last 20 years and an unlimited military budget.

Well... I meant being in a 4 man fire team, as part of a Squad, as part of a Battalion, as part of a Regiment, as part of a greater Division. etc... etc...

I certainly wasn't insinuating that a 4 man fire team can change the World, but a whole damned Army of them armed the way I laid out, certainly could.

My whole point is that hopefully the folks in the upper echelons of the military high command are taking note of the way the Ukrainians are handling themselves against the Russians and are thinking hard on where to spend the money in the next military budget.

My guess is our military advisors are implementing what we learned in the last 20 years fighting against guerilla fighters. I find the whole thing interesting. I wish we could see more footage, but I understand the need for opsec. The geospatial technology is crazy these days.

For without victory, there is no survival