Originally Posted by jawbone
I too, pray that you are right Irish but my fear is that there will be no Russian withdrawal as long as the country is led by Putin. He is a madman and has no conscience about sending his people to be cannon fodder. As long as there are people that will follow him he will keep sending them to fight and die. I believe the question is will the Russians have enough of Putin and do something about it or will they simply win the war by attrition first because Ukraine has no more people left to fight them?

That is the real question.
Time is on Ukraine's side especially given the mass influx of Western weapons coupled with the massive sanctions regime.
But Putin has committed his *entire* life's work and his very existence in this world on conquering Ukraine and forcing it back into the Russian Empire. He is not going to give up and will continue to do everything possible to win this war. He has planned this invasion since he took office in 2000 and, in my opinion, dreamed of it since the day the USSR collapsed in 1991.

The result: an eventual Ukrainian victory - as I predicted from the very beginning.
But at a horrible terrible cost to the Ukrainian people and their cities that Putin is hell bent on completely destroying in his effort to terrorize Ukraine into capitulation.

Remember I also said this before the war:

I said that we would never see anyone in Ukraine welcoming the Russians.
I said that the Ukrainians would fight tooth and nail and never give up.
I said that no one in Ukraine would greet the Russians as liberators - not even in the "Russian speaking" areas of east and south.
I said there would be no quick Russian victory.
I said the Russians could not win in Ukraine as the ENTIRE POPULATION - east, west, north and south was against Russia and Russian rule because they want to be a part of Europe and not Russia - - and they are SICK of being mass murdered, terrorized, enslaved, etc. etc. etc by Russia the last 300 years (when conquered and subjugated by Peter the "Great").

And History has proven me right.

Here is another thing I will predict: Ukraine will never agree to cede one inch of Ukrainian territory - except perhaps the pre war part of D/LPR.
And even that remains to be seen.

Last edited by WmHunter; 03/18/22 04:17 PM.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

" Chuck Sykes is a dictator control freak like Vladimir Putin " WmHunter