Originally Posted by Lockjaw
Originally Posted by therealhojo
Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by Cuz-Pat
Their "intent" is to lessen the concentration of deer within a close proximity to each other.

Do you think they'll ban food plots too??

They already do to some extent. They tell you where and how much you can plant. You can't just go clear a spot and plant, or burn, or spray.

Actually, that is not 100% correct. They give you area's or fields that they won't disturb. You can go plant log decks and logging roads all you want. Met my new lease manager last fall, and he told me I should clear off this one side of the road opposite a field and plant it. That means they may come in there later and log the area and disturb it. My club map on their site lists 7 greenfields. I have 24. He even gave me suggestions about other ways to plant things and increase my planted acreage. I think they number I saw was they would give you 1%. Even with 24 fields, I am probably just bumping the 1% number.

When they cut mine this year, I am going to try to get the loggers to cut it or run a few skidder roads that are long and go north south so I can plant them. My biggest problem is stumps. Even our skid steer guy has a tough time with some of them, and he's got a 90+ hp machine. After about 3 years, he can blaze thru them.

Did you not see where I said “to some extent?” Then you go into 2 paragraphs explaining exactly “to some extent.” You still have a manager telling you what you can and can’t do. I never said they tell you you can’t l, I said they limit you.

And good luck with getting those loggers to do what you want.