Sunday evening was a good one in Elmore County. I had the privilege of watching my youngest get his second deer of the year. Had to wait out a few bad angles and at times he was behind trees, but he finally got broadside (quartering-to a bit) to us. I heard him take the deep breath and hold it while his finger slid over the trigger. The rest was textbook... the buck struggled out of the field and a couple of seconds later came that unmistakable sound of the crash in the underbrush.
[Linked Image]

He went maybe 20 yds in the woods, with everything important in the forward chest cavity chewed to pieces. Sixty yard shot... 243 Win, sending a 70 gr ballistic tip, turned him into 110 lbs of venison on the hoof. I was pretty jacked up myself waiting it out and mentally going through the progressions we've practiced at the range. I was sure proud of my youngan for keeping his cool and making a good shot. When we heard him go down, the smile nearly broke is face. The pic shows the bullet's path through the rib cage... and sorry for the repeat entrance wound pic.
[Linked Image]

You gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?