I’m starting this thread and asking this question out of sincere curiosity and so we have a better understanding of what we’re talking about…..and not just trying to be a gotcha a-hole.

For any of you other trackers or anyone who may know……Can you post up a research article talking about this concept of deer excreting an interdigital scent specifically when they are mortally wounded? All the stuff I can find on interdigital gland talks about how it’s a normal scent they secrete on a daily basis as a means of communication with the other deer. In other words, its how the young does trail the rest of the group after they’ve gotten way ahead or something of that nature. There’s nothing that I can find that says there’s suddenly a distinguishable difference in one that’s been shot…..especially if we’re taking it a step farther and saying one that is “mortally wounded” versus not.

I know this information has been talked about a lot at the tracking conventions but where is the data/facts that its stemming from.

We dont rent pigs