I have an area of about 6 acres that is two year old cutover. Shooting house is uphill from it and it leads down to an SMZ. I’m leaving this to naturally regenerate. I’m using a wheeled line trimmer (DR) after I walk through with a brush blade on my weed eater.lm pleased with the results. I have a “wagon wheel” design with four trails about five feet wide, each one is 60-100 yards in length. The shooting house is easy to access quietly and the slope faces east and gets the early morning sun. I have another area not accessible with a tractor that we carried it into (52 lbs I think) , widened an old log road, then carried a garden tiler in after a rain, loosened the soil and planted a lane of wildlife mix, added more clover and let the rain cover it, it’s beautiful! I probably spent 45 minutes on each lane, not near as difficult as it might seem. I’m 74 and managed without any problem, the machine is a real tiger. Sitting in the shooting house is a command seat of the area, and of course, there’s corn in every lane which the turkeys are also enjoying.Turkeys wouldn’t have used this area at all if I hadn’t put in the lanes. Likely will widened them next year. I strongly recommend your approach if you can put the shooting house in a good spot windwise.

The Earth is Gods footstool