I've been using a turkey fryer and a cast iron pot for about 6 or 7 years. I needed a larger pot that held more so smelting and mixing alloys could be done more efficiently and faster. This is what I've been using.

[Linked Image]

This was a 20 pound tank with an put of compliance valve that someone left at the rubbish transfer site that cost me nothing. The propane business was nice enough to remove the valve for no charge. He suggested when I told him I was going to cut the tank to melt lead he suggested I fill the tank with water and Dawn dish detergent an let it set for a couple of days and then rinse it out two or three times before cutting an fill it with water when I start the cutting. I cut mine a little higher than some but I wanted as much capacity as I could get out of it. I've planned a trapizoid shape stand that the pot will rest in an it will be tall enough that my current fryer stand will fit underneath the pot in the new taller stand. I've still got to weld the four angle iron tabs on the sides of the tank but this project has been on the back burner since last year so I'll keep any future updates posted right here as the project goes forward.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]