If I were gonna both bait with corn and plant food plots in the same exact spot……I’d still want to separate the two if you’re feeding at any decent clip…….In essence what you are creating on your soil is a mob grazing effect of hooves. Now this may be exactly what someone might want to do of they had a lot of thatch built up on the surface but what I see more often than not is areas around the feeders just beat down to mud and dirt……..Like an area where cows have been fed or something…….

This is just me but here’s an idea for what its worth…….If you’re gonna feed corn around your greenfields then instead of using the concentrated hoofing action to destroy your food plot…….instead, set it just off to the side of the food plot and periodically move it around the perimeter so that you use the concentrated deer hoofing and browsing as a means of resetting succession and creating a buffer of new understory growth around the food plot……In other words, let them beat down and hoof up this little circle for a while and then move it 50-100 yards before it ever gets to that muddy, dirt stage....and let them work on another spot for a while....and so forth…..again around the perimeter of the plot.....

Last edited by CNC; 09/28/21 01:42 PM.

We dont rent pigs