Originally Posted By: 49er
Hunters are divided now more than any time I've ever seen in my 50 years of observation. Ignoring it won't help anything. If we recognize it, we might be able to start trying to fix it.

This may not be the popular thing to say on ALdeer but.......49er made a good point here. Like many have said, TV has ruined deer hunting for the worst imho. I spend 100's hours and 4 figures a year practicing QDM the best I can but I totally agree with that statement and it's gotten much worse in the last 10 years.

Even neighbors who try to practice some sort of QDM can't get along, let alone neighbors who do and one that don't.

I have a great club, just 8 of us although there has been as many as 12. We are all great friends and even we have differences sometimes. QDM is some to blame, yes. TV shows even more. QDM is good and works, imho. The hunting on my place is 110% better than 6 years ago.

Kinda ironic I guess, that most of the biggest bucks I get called to score come from meat clubs or simply areas that aren't "managed". Managed clubs do have better balance with buck ages but I think in turn has created lazy hunters. Most of the really big bucks I see in trucks are guys that are still "meat" hunters but they hunt hard, mostly because they don't have food plots around every curve.

Last edited by AlabamaSwamper; 06/12/12 06:14 PM.

BTR Scorer in NW Alabama