Everything on land has a maximum size. Pretty sure the largest land legal conibear is a 160. Generally, 220 for Coons 280 otter and 330 beavers. There are always exceptions where someone will use 280 on beavers or 220 on otters.

Put some scouting time in and follow that trail back to the water, then you’ll have many more options.

You could try long chaining the beaver with the largest land legal trap coil or double long spring trap. You’ll want to target a back foot catch because their front legs are very weak and easily break off. Problem with that approach is a beavers back foot is really big. If I was going to try this approach, I’d put a 4-6” sapling across the trail, big enough to break his stride but not so big he’ll go around. Bed a trap on either side, about 18” (finger to elbow) from stick to center of the pan. Offset about 3” to one side. Heavy pan tension, 4-6 lbs to minimize off targets. You want him to push off with back foot as he climbs over the clog. If you miss and see where his push off is closer, adjust the trap spacing. Pray that you don’t snap on his front foot or belly because if you do, shooting him will be your next chance unless you go to the water.

Personally, I prefer a Bridger #5 on a drowning rod where they leave the water. The same 18”/3” rule applies but bank slope may change it slightly.

"Cull" is just another four letter word...