Originally Posted by ridgestalker
Originally Posted by k bush
Here's a novel idea, if it's within the regs, why don't the social media guys buy a trapping license and hit the WMA's etc during furbearer season and run a line for nest predators ? Then promote that idea, publish it. Maybe some followers will take it up and do the same. Combine it into a scouting/trapping trip to add personal value. A side benefit, is that increased license sales and trapping equipment sales leads to increased P-R funds available to the states.

I'm seeing more private lands guys wanting to learn trapping and start setting steel. You're not going to make any money doing it, but every brood that is successfully hatched gives at least a small chance that there's one or two gobbling birds make it. As recruitment expands so does hunting opportunity.

Maybe the state should allow us to trap on WMA during turkey season. It’s open state wide on coons and coyotes and would be taking them out at the perfect time. Right now you have to stop Feb 28 which makes no sense and very few people do it.

I'm on board with that (I thought it was extended until March 6 in Alabama) along with getting some organizations to put together some sort of initiative to motivate more trapping.