Originally Posted by k bush
I actually accused a landowner of turning crickets loose in a white clover stand. That place was loaded with crickets.

I’ve referenced the book “A One Straw Revolution” a million times in the past but if you’ll look at the ways that Japanese farmer incorporated white clover into his farm, I believe that is the more natural and more productive way of using clover……The Japanese farmer considered white clover to be the most important plant on his whole farm and a key specie to driving the whole cycle. It was the most important because it was what brought nitrogen into the cycle for the other plants……It’s suppose to be a companion crop to the other plants……He didn’t try and grow pure clover plots….He simply seeded a small amount of white clover across his orchards and crop fields each year until it just became part of the landscape……That’s how I see clover being used but instead of that being a Japanese farmers fruit orchards and fields it’s a quail plantation or what have you…..Same management style though…….Grow it in large scale “prairies” as a companion crop by simply broadcasting a little as you going along……That’s what the seeder box on top of that big Ranchworx aerator was for ....... grin

We dont rent pigs