So keep in mind that most of these things I’m showing and talking about are revolving around small scale food plot management but at the same time I’m also talking about how the same concepts can effect larger land management practices…... I really think we’ve lost a major connection to the most important “driver” of our ecosystem……We want to just manage deer or turkey or quail and have disconnected our thinking away from still managing the whole food chain and what is the most important factor in that.

If you pull back the straw from the surface of my field right now little critters scatter every which way…….Its loaded with these little snails by the thousands and millipedes and tiny grasshoppers, and rollie pollies and chit I dont even know what is.....…… What is the foundation block that supports this food chain?? The answer is carbon......

Invertebrate predators of land snails include beetles and their larvae, millipedes, flies, mites, nematodes, and other snails. Vertebrate predators of snails and slugs include shrews, mice, squirrels, and other small mammals; salamanders, toads and turtles, including the uncommon Blandings Turtle Emydoidea blandingii; and birds, especially ground-foragers such as thrushes, grouse, blackbirds, and wild turkey.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 07/28/21 10:54 AM.

We dont rent pigs