Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by Here4fun
Is this a thread about growing weeds or mowing weeds or something? I look at the photos for the last few pages and it just looked like weeds growing, and being mowed.

Am I missing something?

To start with I think you should take a look at the definition of a "weed".......... smile

"A weed is a plant considered undesirable in a particular situation, "a plant in the wrong place."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weed

None of these plants are "weeds"....... wink They're not unwanted nor are they in the wrong place. They're native plants doing exactly what they were designed to do. The thread is revolving around that idea and the idea of using them to work for us as a means of improving the soil as well as ways of manipulating their succession. Mowing is a tool and there are numerous ways of using it to effect plant succession and composition depending on your frequency and timing.

Ok. You didnt have to get all fancy. You could have just said " Yes. I am growing weeds, but I LIKE weeds."

See, where we plant we hate weeds and try to kill them believe it or not. Crazy , I know. I guess we just aren't right.

But I will follow along and take notes so if I ever want to get a great stand of weeds established and growing well I can get some tips.

Great job though by the way. Those are definitely some of the NICEST weeds I have ever seen! thumbup

Last edited by Here4fun; 07/18/21 05:38 PM.