A story that ties in with all of these same land management ideas…..

I tracked the same buck twice last year for a guy in south Montgomery Co…..When I get there he tells me that he’s pretty sure the buck ran onto the neighboring property but he knew the folks who owned it so all was good…..Well, we start tracking this buck through the guys place and it was a pretty hunting property with some nice pines and bottoms on it…and you could tell that he had a few deer there for sure…...But sure enough though, the buck crossed the line off of his property and onto his neighbors like he thought.

So as we’re crossing onto this other place he starts telling me about this farm we’re going onto and the folks that own it, etc……just chit chatting more than anything……He tells me that it’s about 120 acre farm that the folks ran cows on up until just a few years ago and he reckon they must have just sold them or something because the place had been sitting there with nothing happening for maybe 3 years or so.

Let me tell you what…..it didnt take long to figure out where ALL of the local deer lived around there…..That “grown up” cattle farm was infested with bedded deer. He shot this buck with a bow twice and we tracked it 800 yards the first time and 1,000 the second time and both tracks led to the center of the neighbor’s farm right in behind the pond dam……..That “grown up” cattle farm is no different than what would be the third year rotation of what I described in the last post…..same principles and concepts. That place was a good example of what the results would look like and it was pretty awesome. That 120 acre block was likely holding most of the local deer herd for that little area I was in. smile

Last edited by CNC; 06/21/21 12:04 PM.

We dont rent pigs