The popularity of the sport due to the age we live in is a part of what’s going on with the population decline. It’s like we have somehow always managed to ride the razors edge between turkey harvest, habitat loss, predators,disease, and hens raising successful clutches. I honestly believe now there is little to be done because we have tipped the balance out of the wild turkeys favor. Take every fella with a shotgun and a Facebook page killing turkeys just to post a pic of it for folks to see, and then legalize fanning and decoys because people need on more advantage over a bird with a brain the size of a pecan.Then every lease in the state has a feeder with a pile of corn under it during deer season, which we know isn’t good for them, on top of it giving a buffet like place to hunt for predators. Tss shells are awesome in the hands of a responsible hunter, but how many hens standing fifteen yards behind gobblers are running off and dying? How many folks shoot way too far? The damage has been done folks, and I sure as the world don’t think pushing the season back so people can tromp around bumping hens off nests in late April and May is the answer. We have overstressed the resource. Bag limits do little because a good hunter with turkeys to hunt can see turkeys flop no matter who pulls the trigger. Not to mention the lack of law enforcement presence to deter folks from killing all they want. I hope they rebound, and would do whatever it takes to make it happen, but I don’t see a feasible plan to stop the bleeding.... in Alabama or elsewhere.