Originally Posted by Squeaky
Originally Posted by k bush
If they really want to increase the turkey numbers they should increase cost share opportunities for private landowners to implement a prescribed fire program and work on nest predators. A CRP type program that has a multi-year plan rather than a one-time shot of cost share money would really help. I think fire helps but I also think a size restriction on burn units would help too.

Unfortunately these state agencies aren't interested in addressing the real issues at hand. Most don't have the funding nor are they interested in raising the funding for these type programs. I got into a little discussion with the Turkey Doc on his facebook page. When I started referencing my 32 years of experience to him that was the end of the discussion. Since I wasn't willing to toe the line on what he was presenting he was done. It's a crying shame several of state agencies are listening to this wing nut and signing up!!

Been trying to tell y’all, he and his tactics and his minions, are essentially anti hunters.