Originally Posted by jawbone
Originally Posted by Tigger85
Originally Posted by jawbone
Credit scores are useless anyways a lot of times. I am better off financially than I was a couple years ago and I'm paying stuff off every month and my credit score is dropping like a rock. No idea why. I guess I need to check and make sure no one has stolen my identity, but there has not been any indication of that.

The problem is that you aren't in debt up to your eyeballs. I had a house insurance policy go up because my score went down when I paid my house off. WTH? I called and raised Cain about it. Worse thing you can do for credit score is be debt free. They couldn't tell me what it was before either. Clintons had the ARM where you got 150% of what you could borrow on a house. When it adjusted, people couldn't make their house payment as they were just paying interest to start with.

You are correct. When I owed everybody and made the payments I could've borrowed a million dollars. Now that I owe less my score is dropping. Out of whack system. The good thing though is that my mail has reduced substantially from less of the pre-approved offers.

Yup, I remember the 6 months right after I signed on my house mortgage, I got so many pre-approved offers in the mail I could have wallpapered the entire house.

Never Trust Government

"You can be broke but you cant be poor." Ruthie-May Webster