Originally Posted by JLedbetter
Originally Posted by Nightwatchman
Originally Posted by JLedbetter
Originally Posted by Clem
Apparently the coyote-hog nighttime "privilege license" has been signed off and is done.

$15 for residents and $51 for non-residents to hunt hogs and coyotes at night without going through the depredation permitting stuff.

To recap, if you hunt deer over bait and also hogs-coyotes, you will need to buy:

- a hunting license for $28.20
- the coyote-hog privilege license, $15
-- the baiting privilege license, $15

That comes to $58.20 a year IF you choose to buy those. They're not mandatory. But if you want to shoot a hog or coyote at night and be legal, you're supposed to have it.

Sixty bucks adds up if you have a couple of kids. Wife, 2-3 kids, yourself, and now you're at $240 or more. For nonresidents with land in the state, they're getting screwed even more.

For those of us with Lifetime Licenses, now are being told that our "privilege" comes at added cost. That's BS.

I've seen several "Aw, it's just $15 bucks" comments on BookFace. But this is the second "aw, it's just $15 bucks" licesen added in the last couple of years. Next will be something else. And then something else. And then something else. Possibly a "privilege license" to use a bow or muzzleloader or centerfire gun.

Once they start, they won't stop. This is only the beginning.

If your that concerned about $60 a year, you may need to step back and reevaluate things a little.

I bet you're pro physical deer tags too.

It really makes me no difference, we do whatever we need to do here in vinegar bend. With that said, everyone wants to have hunting like other states until it's time to do the things other states do.

So tell me, what are the downsides to physical deer tags?

Do you really think everyone wants Alabama to be like others states? I dont think they do. I think the majority in Alabama like things like they are.