Hunting birds in the Midwest and western states is far easier due to the fact they don’t have every landowner with 40 acres hunting them 7 days a week. The amount of pressure increase I’ve seen in AL over the last 20 years is incomprehensible. I sat down to call to and attempt to kill 5 turkeys this season on private land. I also went with a friend to his property and heard several birds. Called in two but couldn’t make it happen due to them seeing something they didn’t like. Four of those other turkeys had someone else calling to them from either neighboring properties or the property I was hunting. One guy was 100% trespassing 1/4 mile or farther from the line and a few others were pushing it bad close. The one time I went to public land I had someone drive in on top of me in a UTV going to a bird I was already set up on. Now my point is this. People are willing to go to whatever costs necessary to hunt every bird they hear. Don’t matter the consequences. Don’t matter where he’s at. Just go get him. Most of these hunts were on weekday mornings. So weekends are now not the only time pressure is high. It’s 7 days a week. I remember in the early 2000s hearing 10-15 gobblers in a good weekend hunt. Hearing 4-5 a morning was pretty common. You rarely saw any other turkey hunters. Now I reckon turkey hunting is the newest fad. Everybody does it. Fewer birds to hunt and more people hunting them equals education and tougher to kill. They get harassed to death from sunup to sun down. I’ve hunted in OK, NE and KS on public land during the week and I recall seeing 3-4 other hunters in all three states the entire time. You can’t drive down a public road on public land here without seeing a truck at every pulloff nearly every day. I don’t fault people for wanting to kill turkeys. Heck it’s great. That’s why I’m out there doing it too. But the pressure is becoming too much for it to be enjoyable.