Originally Posted by Atoler
Originally Posted by sasquatch1
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

If it is at 14,000 now, then it's gonna end up very close to the 16,000 that were reported last season during the covid shutdown.

I don't think that they are getting more than about 30% of the actual kill reported on GC, and I don't see it improving. GC has made it a certainty that we will never again have a reliable harvest estimate.

If you think participation and reports are that low how many birds you think are getting killed?? I def agree reporting sucks but idk if it’s that low. I really don’t think we’ve been killing as many birds As always be presumed to be.

I think Missouri gets real good reporting. And if they killing 40k idk if Alabama is really getting near that many. But I could be clueless

And how does GC guarantee we never will have a reliable count? Which way would be better? I have my thoughts but curious to yours

If they are killing 40k a year in Missouri, with a 2 bird limit, only 1 bird allowed the first week, and arguably less hunters, you really think we are killing less?

I do yes. Because I believe they have more turkeys to start and that overall to the average hunter, it’s easier for them to kill 2 birds in MO then it is for them to kill 2 in Alabama.

There’s a reason a lot of hunters, especially newer hunters travel to places like Missouri from places like Alabama. I remember my early days when I struggled to kill a bird anywhere, when I went to places like Missouri or Tennessee or out west it was easy. I think killing 5 or even over 2 is hard for probably 50% of turkey hunters. Just my belief

I think the numbers are off for sure, just not by 70%