I got to hunt with my Dad this morning and we found a lonely two year old gobbler about 8:15...He gobbled good on his own for a few minutes (from a pocket of a hay field) and we were about 500 yards from him. I knew where the bird was at and it was going to be a good set up as long as he stayed in that spot. I thought we could probably call him to where the woodline made a point and kill him when he tried to round the point...As we hurried his way, I called to him from about 250 yards and he cut me off! I already had Dad easing up further on up the road to get into position near that point. When I could see that Dad was in position, I walked on up the road and called to the gobbler again: he answered me again and was only about 150 yards now that we’d moved on up the road. When the gobbler answered me this time, I shut up! And so did he!! Since he’d gobbled 30-40 times in 30 minutes, I figured his sudden silence could only mean one thing!? Sure, enough!! After 5 minutes of silence, Dad could see the bird strutting and slowly heading our way. I was about 15 yards behind Dad and was able to video the shot...Another awesome memory to add to another great season!!!

Video:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8kHD2Jq.mp4[/img]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by AUdeerhunter; 04/20/21 09:24 PM.